Call us today @ 570-574-3785 for a free estimate!
Panels / Electrical service (100 and 200 amp)
If you are wondering whether or not to upgrade your electrical panel / service and looking to add VALUE to your home, here are a few signs and safety concerns for you to look at that can help you decide whether you are ready to change your home’s electrical system. Knowing your electrical system is installed and grounded properly will give you the peace of mind you deserve.
What to look for and when to change your home’s panel and service:
- Continuous failing / tripping breakers for no reason.
- Corrosion on breakers and main panel; especially on conductive materials ie. Copper and aluminum. (Corrosion is the leading cause for loose and poor electrical connections producing heat and breakdown which can eventually result in possible fire!)
- Panels over 30+ years old.
- Existing panel is protected by screw in fuses.
- Notice flickering lights. (Usually due to corroded / loose electrical connections in panels and meter base).
- Panel is warm to the touch.
- You notice burn marks on and in the panel box.
- Your existing was manufactured by FEDERAL PACIFIC, ZINSCO, OR PUSHMATIC.
- Cable insulation deteriorating on exterior service cable.
- Exterior conduit / meter base covered in rust.
- Water / rust stains on panel box.
- Grounding system is not to code and unsafe
Most of the time, we will suggest resizing your service to meet the needs of your home.
Many existing panels cannot handle the electrical loads / needs for today’s appliances and heating equipment. For example, a 100-amp service may be to small to handle the new electrical baseboard heat you are installing throughout your home. In this case we will suggest a 200-amp service to accommodate the new demand / breaker space needed from the new heaters. Here are a few other benefits for upgrading your service panel:
- Larger panels allow for more breaker space to add new appliances and equipment for future projects and remodels.
- Having extra space and larger load availability allows you to add “sub panels” from the main panel to feed new additions, garages, out buildings, swimming pools, and wherever electrical service is needed on your property.
- With the installation of your new panel and service, the whole house electrical system will be grounded properly and up “to code” for your safety.
- Every panel change / service we do is inspected by certified electrical inspector!
*NEW HOME ELECTRICAL PANELS / SERVICES ADD MASSIVE VALUE TO YOUR HOME; NOT ONLY FOR SAFETY, BUT FOR RESALE AND ABILITY TO EXPAND!